How It All Started
Bob Zurbuchen started in the trailer sales business in June of 1969 as a salesperson for Dorsey Trailer Sales of WI, just after the Dorsey brothers bought the assets of the Highway Trailer Corporation (Edgerton, WI). At this same time, Don Whalin left Highway Trailer to assume ownership of he recently acquired company, Stoughton Carriage Co. (the predecessor to the now, Stoughton trailers)
Midwest Trailer Sales Inc. founded from the purchase of Dorsey trailer Sales of WI (Madison, WI)
McFarland Parts and Service
Purchase of McFarland Parts and Service (an independent truck and trailer, parts and service facility started from the collaboration of former Gilomen Mack and Eggimann Motors employees)
Neway / Anchorlok
Our first supplier partner relationship: Neway / Anchorlok
Joined Wabash National as their fifth dealer signed.
Johnson Equipment | Meter calibration service provider | Brownie Tank
- Purchase of Johnson Equipment (Madison, WI) Custom fabrication company, specializing in petroleum tank trucks, petroleum distribution equipment, crushing and screening apparatuses for the aggregate business.
- Accredited State of WI meter calibration service provider.
- Brownie Tank distributor
Green Bay - New Location
- Green Bay, WI sales location added
- ASME “R” stamp accreditation received for repair to all federally coded transportation vessels (cargo tanks, haz mat vessels, pressure vessels)
Milwaukee - New Location | Tank Distributor
- Milwaukee, WI sales location added
- Hutchinson tank distributor
New Location - Merrill, WI
Merrill, WI sales location and parts depot added
Awarded the Beall Tank for Wisconsin
Relocation of Merrill WI location
Relocation of Merrill WI location to larger facility offering full service (Parts Service & Sales)
Vipar Heavy Duty
Vipar Heavy Duty stockholder
Expansion into the LPG / NH3 business (Producer and assembler of LPG tank trucks and trailers)
Redevelopment of business model
- Acquisition of experienced talent from the sale of Ruan Leasing to Ryder Leasing.
- Redevelopment of business model to encompass a truck component focus. This was part to the growing need of the local markets being under served, as the primary customer being the 2nd+ vehicle owner
Awarded 360 degree service provider agreement by Kraft Private Fleet / Oscar Mayer (Madison, WI location)
Expansion | Awarded
- Expansion of leasing operations to include, long term contracting, partial and full service leases, including specialty equipment.
- Awarded Brenner Tank dealership for the Wisconsin territory
Development and launch of business unit
Development and launch of business unit as a customized JIT components supplier to o.e.m trailer manufactures (axles, wheel end, brake, suspension, and landing gear). Specializing in custom assemblies, partial assemblies, inventory control, on an as needed, on time provider. Custom labeling & branding as needed.
Partnership with Eaton Weatherhead fluid power division, as well as their Boston brand industrial hose division.
Acquisition of experienced talent
Acquisition of experienced talent from the closure of HDA / Truck Pride member, Eggimann Motors